If you are a recent convert to vegetarianism, then perhaps you’ve had to go through the phase of getting used to not eating some of the old textures and flavours you loved. This recipe will make sure you don’t miss the old scrambled eggs on toast! For all you old-time vegetarians, think of it as a remarkably simple cheese-on-toast – the Indian way!
(recipe for 4 toasts)
250 gm Indian cottage cheese (paneer)
2 small or 1 large tomato
2 green chillies
1tsp cumin powder
Handful of chopped black olives
Salt and pepper to taste
Coriander to garnish
1tbsp olive oil
Toasted bread (you can also use kulcha or other bread base if you prefer)
P.S. This recipe also makes for a delicious and unique bruschetta topping!
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan on low flame and add in the chopped green chillies.
2. Crumble the cottage cheese into the pan using your hands.
3. Add in the cumin powder and salt to taste. Cook for 3-4 mins on a medium flame.
4. Turn off the heat and add in chopped coriander and a dash of pepper and mix well.
5. Arrange the mixture on toasted bread and top with chopped (and de-seeded) tomatoes and chopped black olives. Voila! Eggs on toast, ahem…cheese-on-toast is ready! Best served with some ketchup.
If you like what you read on LWP and would like to make a contribution, then read more & donate.ॐ
Scroll down to read about the author & leave a comment on this article
Sign-up for our newsletters & join us on Facebook: facebook.com/livingwiseproject